Thompson Pump launches all new ANSI Z535.6-Compliant Pump User Manuals
Thompson Pump’s new Pump User Manuals meet the latest stringent requirements of ANSI Z535.6 for required safety information in collateral materials. This includes identification of all potential hazards, information on how to avoid them and information on the likely consequences if the hazards are not avoided. The Standard mandates the use of uniform pre-defined signal words and formats for relaying important safety messages. The Standard gives guidelines on how and when these messages should be used, how these safety messages look and where the signal words or the safety alert symbol are to be located. At Thompson Pump, safety is our top priority and we are proud to comply with this rigorous national standard for required safety information in manuals and meet the following requirements:
· Inform users about how to use the product safely and warns them of any potential dangers of possible misuse.
· Comply with applicable standards for safety information required in collateral materials such as ANSI Z535.6.
· Adhere to the recommended guidelines for developing consumer product instructions such as ISO/IEC Guide 37 and the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Guide.
· Have easy-to-follow instructions that precisely addresses all the users need to know before using the product.
· Are well organized and make it easy for users to find what they are looking for and solve many of their problems by themselves.
· Are written in a manner that can be easily understood by the intended audience.
· Motivate the user to follow and remember the instructions.
· Have just the right combination of words and diagrams to effectively communicate the information and eliminate any guesswork.
· Contain only the relevant information needed for the specific product configuration purchased and do not contain any extra or unnecessary information about other models or configurations.
Thompson Pump prides itself on being an innovative pump manufacturer providing state-of-the-art custom configured products to meet our customers’ specific needs and believe that users deserve state-of-the-art user manuals to safely and effectively get the most from our products.