Thompson Pump’s William Crooms Receives Hall of Fame Manny Award for Lifelong Achievement
Port Orange, FL – William (Bill) Crooms of Thompson Pump is the 2017 recipient of the VMA Hall of Fame “Manny” award. This award is presented to an individual for life-long achievement in manufacturing in Volusia County – and includes an induction into the Manufacturers Hall of Fame.
The VMA was founded in 1980 by manufacturers for manufacturers, providing information, education and networking opportunities to help manufacturers grow and succeed.
Crooms has worked his way up the Thompson Pump ladder, starting out in 1978 as a mechanic. He is currently the company’s International Service Manager, meaning his job calls for spending a great deal of time in other countries.
“He is a tremendous liaison between our company and our vendors,” said Bill Thompson, Chairman of the Board for Thompson Pump. “He has helped design and improve our products and he also spends a great deal of time with clients and engineers. As a result, there is no one better when it comes to knowing how Thompson Pump products are used in the field … and what our clients intend to do with them.”
In addition to excellence in the workplace, Crooms is also very active in his local community. He volunteers frequently for Habitat for Humanity; works with Toys for Tots through work and his church; and is also a Bronze Donor to the United Way President’s Club.
Thompson Pump, a 48-year old family-owned company based in Port Orange, Florida, is a full-service manufacturer and provider of high-quality dewatering and construction pumps, pumping equipment and engineering expertise for dewatering, bypass, and emergency pumping applications worldwide.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Thompson Pump in Expansion Mode, Plots New-and-Improved Global Headquarters in 2018
- Thompson Pump Helps in Rescue of Hurricane-Distressed Puerto Rico Region
- Thompson Pumps are Tailor-Made to Service Southwest Florida Municipalities
- Case Study: Thompson Pump Bridge Street Bypass Solves Potential Sewage Contamination
- Thompson Pump Introduces 6HT Wet-Prime Trash Pump With A Final Tier 4 Engine
- Thompson Pump Pulls Waste Problems Apart Using its Self-Cleaning Impeller
- Thompson Pump’s Rapid Response Halts Sewage Overflow Catastrophe
- Thompson Pump Introduces New Remote-Operated Control Panel
Popular tags on this blogAward | Branch | Branch Manager of the Year | Contest | Contract | Dealer | Distributor | Government | NJPA | Personnel | Pumpology | Pumps | RER 100 | Trade Show | Training |
Storm Water Case Studies
August 20-21, 2018
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
2800 Opryland Drive
Nashville, TN 37214
Booth #: 1213
August 26-29, 2018
Kansas City Convention Center
301 West 13th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
August 28-30, 2018
Roland E. Powell Convention Center
4001 Coastal Hwy
Ocean City, MD 21842
September 23-25, 2018
3917 LPGA Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL 32124