Thompson Pump Showcases New Technologies at CONEXPO 2011
Thompson Pump Promotes New Revolutionary Priming System
with Oil-less Vacuum Technology at 2011 CONEXPO
Port Orange, FL - Thompson Pump will showcase a revolutionary priming system with OVT (oil-less vacuum technology) configured with the new John Deere IT4 (interim tier 4) engine at the upcoming CONEXPO 2011 tradeshow. Stop by booth 4945 in Hall C to view these revolutionary new technologies available today.
The groundbreaking OVT priming system offers multiple improvements to the traditional vacuum priming system. While both allow for a basic pump to prime automatically, the OVT does this more efficiently with lower maintenance and higher air handling for faster priming. In addition, the OVT system’s non-contacting rotors eliminate internal wear which increases longevity and provides the reliability of no decrease in performance over time.
The OVT system offers lower maintenance and operating expenses because the system is dry running – no recirculating oil is needed. Eliminating the oil, in turn, eliminates any possible smoke, mist, or pollution that traditional priming systems may experience – offering a much improved eco-friendly alternative to prior technology. Traditional vacuum priming systems require service every 5000 hours. The OVT priming unit only requires service every 20,000 hrs – which is 4 times less.
Not only does the Thompson OVT system have high vacuum capability with deeper suction lifts of 28.4” Hg - but it also maintains high vacuum at lower speeds. This air cooled priming system has no water levels to check and no cooling system to maintain unlike traditional vacuum priming systems. These capabilities allow the OVT priming system to perform in a variety of applications from sewer bypassing to wellpoint dewatering.
Most interestingly, the Thompson OVT priming system is tolerant to accidental liquid carryover. Prior vacuum priming systems would be destroyed if liquid carried over. In turn, this makes the OVT priming system the most rugged priming system on the portable pump market today.
Most importantly, the OVT priming system is warranted for performance.
The Thompson OVT priming system:
- Dry Running – no sealing or lubricating oil is needed in the vacuum compression chamber.
- Ultra Low Maintenance – unit only requires servicing at 20,000 hour intervals
- Extremely High Air Handling – faster priming times - 97cfm.
- High Vacuum Capability – deeper suction lifts - 28.4” Hg.
- Efficiency – low horsepower for high cfm.
- Longevity - Low life cycle cost – non contacting rotors eliminate internal wear.
- Air Cooling – no water levels to check and no oil system to maintain.
- Rugged - tolerable to solids, liquids, and dust.
- Reliability – no decrease in performance over time.
- Performance - Maintains vacuum at lower speeds.
- Versatility – Can be used on a variety of applications from sewer bypassing to and wellpoint dewatering.
- Economical – Operating costs are low because of the maintenance free design and the reduced energy requirement - made possible by the high volumetric efficiency along with a zero friction chamber.
- Eco-friendly – no sealing or lubricating oil provides for no oil pollution or smoke.
- Guaranteed - performance
The revolutionary OVT priming system can easily be added to any Thompson centrifugal pump:
- Available 4”-18” inches
- Provide flows to 11,000 gallons per minute
- High heads to 350 feet
- Large solids handling capability - up to 4”
- Features the Enviroprime System®
- Available as electric or diesel driven
- Available with auto start/stop controls offer fuel savings
- Available with Silent Knight® sound attenuation
About Thompson Pump
Thompson Pump is respected worldwide for its sophisticated heavy-duty lines of high quality, high performance pumps, ranging in size from 2 to 24 inches. Thompson Pump sells and rents their entire line of pumps in the areas of public works, construction, agriculture, dewatering, mining, sewer/lift stations, and water/waste water. Types of pumps designed and manufactured by Thompson include wet prime trash pumps; dry prime trash pumps with compressor-assisted or vacuum-assisted priming systems; sound attenuated pumps; utility trash pumps; diaphragm pumps; hydraulic power units with submersible pump ends; rotary, vacuum and piston wellpoint pumps and high pressure jet pumps. With these different types of pumps, as well as a full complement of accessory hoses and piping, Thompson can supply the proper pump and system for any application. In addition, Thompson provides engineering services and special applications consulting for complicated wellpoint, bypass or multiple pump systems; and offers thorough pump and dewatering education and training through its Pumpology® courses.
Thompson Pump, a 40-year old family-owned company based in Port Orange, Fla., is a full-service manufacturer and provider of high quality pumps, pumping equipment and engineering expertise for the toughest dewatering, bypass and emergency pumping applications. Since 1970, Thompson Pump has assisted contractors worldwide with pump rentals, sales, service, repair, design, installation and operational support. Thompson Pump operates sales, rental and service centers throughout the United States with 20 branches and depots. The company is also aligned with more than 30 distributors in the United States, Canada, and Latin America. Thompson Pump is a Blue Chip Enterprise Award winner and their products meet the requirements for certification as defined by the Contractors Pump Bureau. Thompson Pump holds numerous product patents along with the registered trademarks of Enviroprime®, Silent Knight®, and Arctic Knight®.
The company achieved ISO 9001-2008 quality certification for their Port Orange manufacturing facility. Thompson Pump is one of only a very few pump companies to have obtained ISO 9001-2008 certification. The globally recognized certification was granted following independent testing and assessment of the company’s quality management systems and manufacturing capabilities.
It is common to see Thompson’s pumps on some of the largest and most challenging projects in the world. Whether the job requires cleaning up an oil spill in Alaska or the Gulf of Mexico, dewatering a construction site for a nuclear power plant in Georgia, widening the Panama Canal, raising a submarine in the Atlantic, moving an east coast lighthouse, fighting western fires, controlling floods in the Midwest, handling an irrigation project in Africa or dealing with a tragic disaster in New York, Thompson Pump is there. For more information, call (800) 767-7310 or log onto www.thompsonpump.com.
CONEXPO-CON/AGG is a trade show for the construction industries that takes place March 22-26, 2011 in Las Vegas, NV. Held every three years, the exposition showcases the latest equipment, products, services and technologies. The show is produced by the Association of Equipment Manufacturers, the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, the National Sand & Gravel Association, and the Associated General Contractors of America.
- Booth #4945, Hall C on March 22-26 in Las Vegas, NV -
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Thompson Pump’s William Crooms Receives Hall of Fame Manny Award for Lifelong Achievement
- Thompson Pump in Expansion Mode, Plots New-and-Improved Global Headquarters in 2018
- Thompson Pump Introduces 6HT Wet-Prime Trash Pump With A Final Tier 4 Engine
- Thompson Pump Helps in Rescue of Hurricane-Distressed Puerto Rico Region
- Thompson Pumps are Tailor-Made to Service Southwest Florida Municipalities
- Thompson Pump Pulls Waste Problems Apart Using its Self-Cleaning Impeller
- Thompson Pump’s Rapid Response Halts Sewage Overflow Catastrophe
- Thompson Pump Introduces New Remote-Operated Control Panel
Popular tags on this blogAward | Branch | Branch Manager of the Year | Contest | Contract | Dealer | Distributor | Government | NJPA | Personnel | Pumpology | Pumps | RER 100 | Trade Show | Training |
Storm Water Case Studies
July 15-17, 2018
Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
1 International Drive
Savannah, GA 31421
August 6-8, 2018
Hilton Daytona Beach
100 North Atlantic Avenue
Daytona Beach, FL 32118
August 20-21, 2018
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
2800 Opryland Drive
Nashville, TN 37214
Booth #: 1213
August 26-29, 2018
Kansas City Convention Center
301 West 13th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105