Thompson Pump Sells Rental Operations to United Rentals. Focuses on Core Manufacturing Business as Golden Anniversary Approaches
Port Orange, FL – A new chapter in the life of an established company is beginning for Thompson Pump & Mfg. Co. following the sale of their rental assets and related operations to the Fluid Solutions Group of industry leader, United Rentals. Having divested itself from the direct rental business, Thompson Pump plans to invest in and grow its pump manufacturing operations – the core business that has made Thompson Pump an iconic brand in the industry.
“This transaction allows us to focus intently on developing and manufacturing the industry’s best pumps and accessories … and we are well-positioned for the next stage of our company’s evolution” said company president, Bill Thompson. “We will remain one of the leading pump manufacturers in the United States and internationally by providing new and innovative product development and unparalleled customer support.”
Thompson Pump, a family-owned company that will celebrate its 50th anniversary in business this year, is well respected worldwide for its heavy-duty lines of high quality, high-performance dewatering and construction pumps. It provides products and engineering expertise for a multitude of applications such as dewatering, sewer bypass, wastewater management, temporary and permanent stand-by requirements, water supply and flood control in the areas of public works, construction, oil and gas, mining and more.
“By focusing on product development, manufacturing operations and growing our distribution network – both nationally and internationally – we now have the opportunity to improve capacity, increase efficiency and to support our customers even better than before.” said Thompson.
He added that current customers should expect a seamless transition of the rental business. “Many of the same people our customers have worked with locally over the years at Thompson Pump are now on the United Rentals team.”
Bookmark & Share
Popular tags on this blogAward | Branch | Branch Manager of the Year | Contest | Contract | Dealer | Distributor | Government | NJPA | Personnel | Pumpology | Pumps | RER 100 | Trade Show | Training |
Most Popular Articles
- Thompson Pump?s William Crooms Receives Hall of Fame Manny Award for Lifelong Achievement
- Thompson Pumps are Tailor-Made to Service Southwest Florida Municipalities
- Thompson Pump Helps in Rescue of Hurricane-Distressed Puerto Rico Region
- Thompson Pump in Expansion Mode, Plots New-and-Improved Global Headquarters in 2018
- Thompson Pump Pulls Waste Problems Apart Using its Self-Cleaning Impeller
- Thompson Pump Introduces 6HT Wet-Prime Trash Pump With A Final Tier 4 Engine
- Thompson Pump?s Rapid Response Halts Sewage Overflow Catastrophe
- Thompson Pump Introduces New Remote-Operated Control Panel