Thompson Pump Employees Build Habitat for Humanity Home
The dedication of a Thompson Pump-built Habitat for Humanity home in Port Orange took place on May 29th in Port Orange. The home, which has been constructed for purchase by the LeBlanc family, just a few miles from Thompson’s corporate headquarters. More than 25 Thompson Pump employees and their family members, along with other volunteers from the community, helped build the home over the past eight months.
“We are extremely proud to have such a caring group of employees who understand the importance of giving back to the community that has been so good to us,” said Chris Thompson, President of the Port Orange-based company. “The volunteers found it fulfilling to give of their time and it was also very rewarding to get to meet the new homeowners, knowing that our work has made a lasting, positive impact in their lives.”
Lori Gillooly, CEO of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Volusia County, Bill Thompson, Chairman of the company and Chris Thompson spoke at the event. Many employees who participated with the construction of the house will also be in attendance, along with the company’s Community Support Team, including Karrin Scott and Kelly Seliga.
Initial plans for this project began in April 2017 when the company looked for worthwhile community projects and discovered the nearby Habitat for Humanity home site. Thompson Pump immediately jumped on the opportunity and sponsored this home, as well as another home currently under construction. After a ceremonial groundbreaking in the same month, construction began in August.
Things were progressing smoothly until Hurricane Irma hit Central Florida, which caused a shortage of supplies and subcontractors. In October, construction began again in earnest, and the Thompson Pump volunteers were there every weekend – and periodically during the week – when Habitat for Humanity’s personnel were at the site.
Bookmark & Share
Popular tags on this blogAward | Branch | Branch Manager of the Year | Contest | Contract | Dealer | Distributor | Government | NJPA | Personnel | Pumpology | Pumps | RER 100 | Trade Show | Training |
Most Popular Articles
- Thompson Pump?s William Crooms Receives Hall of Fame Manny Award for Lifelong Achievement
- Thompson Pumps are Tailor-Made to Service Southwest Florida Municipalities
- Thompson Pump Helps in Rescue of Hurricane-Distressed Puerto Rico Region
- Thompson Pump in Expansion Mode, Plots New-and-Improved Global Headquarters in 2018
- Thompson Pump Introduces 6HT Wet-Prime Trash Pump With A Final Tier 4 Engine
- Thompson Pump Pulls Waste Problems Apart Using its Self-Cleaning Impeller
- Thompson Pump?s Rapid Response Halts Sewage Overflow Catastrophe
- Thompson Pump Introduces New Remote-Operated Control Panel