Thompson Pump Employees & Their Families Build Second 2018 Habitat for Humanity Home
For the second time in 2018, the employees of Thompson Pump have played an integral role in helping a needy family move into a brand-new home. In May, the keys to a home built by Thompson employees were handed over to a Port Orange family. Now, only months later, Thompson Pump has helped build a second Habitat for Humanity home right next door.
Construction began earlier this year, with 39 Thompson Pump employees and their families providing their assistance throughout the entire process. The initial goal was to provide 200 hours of volunteer work, but due to the overwhelming generosity of their time, the Thompson employees ultimately exceeded the 300-hour mark.
“Even though this is the second Habitat for Humanity home we’ve helped build this year, seeing this project through to its completion is every bit as exciting and gratifying as the first,” said Chris Thompson, President of Thompson Pump. “In addition to helping people in our community, building these homes is an excellent team-building exercise and gives our employees a chance to be alongside people they don’t typically work with on a daily basis.”
Highlights of the Thompson Pump crew included laying the sod in “unofficial record time” … as they finished in just under two hours despite the sweltering August heat. “We were the talk of the Habitat office for the next week,” says Thompson.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogAward | Branch | Branch Manager of the Year | Contest | Contract | Dealer | Distributor | Government | NJPA | Personnel | Pumpology | Pumps | RER 100 | Trade Show | Training |
Most Popular Articles
- Thompson Pump Introduces 6HT Wet-Prime Trash Pump With A Final Tier 4 Engine
- Thompson Pump?s William Crooms Receives Hall of Fame Manny Award for Lifelong Achievement
- Thompson Pump in Expansion Mode, Plots New-and-Improved Global Headquarters in 2018
- Thompson Pumps are Tailor-Made to Service Southwest Florida Municipalities
- Thompson Pump Helps in Rescue of Hurricane-Distressed Puerto Rico Region
- Thompson Pump Pulls Waste Problems Apart Using its Self-Cleaning Impeller
- Thompson Pump?s Rapid Response Halts Sewage Overflow Catastrophe
- Thompson Pump Introduces New Remote-Operated Control Panel