Pump Keeps Going and Going and Going
Early in 1996, Jerry Johnstone, Director of Operations and Planning for the Horry County (SC) Solid Waste Authority, selected Thompson pump as their supplier for a six-inch trash pump. On May 17, 1996, Thompson 6TSV-DJDST-4039 Open Trash/Sewage Pump, serial number 085 was shipped to the Solid Waste Authority in Conway, SC. Shortly after receipt of the pump, the 6TSV was put into action pumping out a sediment basin and helping to control stormwater. The nature of the applications called for 24/7 pumping, and that’s just what the pump has done.
In the eight years that Director Johnstone has had the pump, he estimates that it has been down for maintenance or repair about 15 days per year. That works out to an amazing reliability factor 96% of potential time!
And, 96% of eight years means over 67,000 hours of operation! Potentially, the 6TSV could have pumped over seven billion gallons of fluid!
In addition, Director Johnstone notes, the cost for maintenance and repair has been about $8,000, or about $1,000 per year. The Horry County Solid Waste Authority adheres to a regular maintenance schedule and that has provided benefits to them by helping prevent significant failures costing them extra expense and unnecessary downtime. The 6TSV has required only wear item replacement, engine work and float system replacement in spite of its constant use in a very demanding and abrasive application.
Thanks to the performance of 6TSV-085, the Horry County Solid Waste Authority has purchased another Thompson six-inch trash pump – this one a 6TSC Compressor Assisted Dry Priming Open Trash/Sewage pump with the Enviroprime® Priming System. The reason?
6TSV-085. ‘The pump’s worked great for us’ noted Director Johnson. What else is there to say!?
Thanks to Don Polzin, CSC salesman, for alerting the Marketing Department to this story.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogAward | Branch | Branch Manager of the Year | Contest | Contract | Dealer | Distributor | Government | NJPA | Personnel | Pumpology | Pumps | RER 100 | Trade Show | Training |
Most Popular Articles
- Thompson Pump Introduces 6HT Wet-Prime Trash Pump With A Final Tier 4 Engine
- Thompson Pump in Expansion Mode, Plots New-and-Improved Global Headquarters in 2018
- Thompson Pump?s William Crooms Receives Hall of Fame Manny Award for Lifelong Achievement
- Case Study: Thompson Pump Bridge Street Bypass Solves Potential Sewage Contamination
- Thompson Pumps are Tailor-Made to Service Southwest Florida Municipalities
- Thompson Pump Helps in Rescue of Hurricane-Distressed Puerto Rico Region
- Thompson Pump Pulls Waste Problems Apart Using its Self-Cleaning Impeller
- Thompson Pump?s Rapid Response Halts Sewage Overflow Catastrophe
Storm Water Case Studies
August 25-28, 2019
Austin Convention Center
500 E Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX 78701
September 18-22, 2019
Universidad Nacional de San Agustín - UNSA
September 23-25, 2019
2301 S King Dr
Chicago, IL 60616
March 10-14, 2020
Las Vegas Convention Center
3150 Paradise Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89109